These are a few things I've learned along the way on closing:
- Watch Glengarry Glenn Ross's ABCs. YouTube it. It's cheesy, it's a bit outdated, but it sets the tone on the process.
- Pitch script works like this: why we're sexy, what's my benefit to you (numbers work best), and social validation (other people buy into our product or company). Whether this is in the form of an email or a live script, the format is roughly the same
- What's the action? After the pitch you have to follow up with what we're going to do.
- Be methodical. Use streak or other form of CRM database. Have a plan and process on who you're talking to, when you're following up, and when to follow up some more.
- Talk to customers. Talk to customers 50% of the time. It's about getting into the mind of the customer rather than any sales objective. It's about being a social psychologist or anthropologist - really getting into the minds of who your customers are.
- Do whatever it takes for your first customer. Cover your downside and your first client's downside.
- Use human psychology hacks. How do you bind commitment? How do you strengthen the forcing function through social or timing pressure? How to increase FOMO?